About the role
- Part-time, ongoing P3 role
- Port Phillip Prison (St Paul’s Unit), Truganina
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
About the role:
The Senior Psychologist provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise to Forensicare’s Psychology Service at Port Phillip Prison, St Paul’s psychosocial rehabilitation Unit. As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the Senior Psychologist provides consultation and advice on complex clinical matters; liaison and support with Port Phillip Prison psychologists and psychologists at Thomas Embling Hospital (TEH) concerning Port Phillip Prison patients; provides professional leadership within the organisation; liaised with other agencies and key stakeholders; and, contributes to special projects, committees and working parties within the organisation as required.
- Provides specialist psychological assessments and reports where necessary.
- Provides individual and/or group interventions as appropriate.
- Contributes to patient risk management plans together with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides case management for a specific number of patients.
- Consults and liaises with psychologists with G4S and Forensicare concerning patients from St Paul’s unit and those being treated in outpatients at Port Phillip Prison.
Skills and experience:
- At least five years’ clinical experience in a mental health facility, correctional service, or a forensic mental health service.
- Listed as a registered supervisor (or eligible for being so listed) with AHPRA.
- Expertise in clinical and/or forensic mental health practice (assessment and treatment) with a forensic population.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA).
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision and support to staff and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex organisational environment.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications <clinical only>
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Port Phillip Prison:
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria, including specialist Forensic Mental Health (FMH) Services at Port Phillip Prison in St Paul’s Unit. St Paul’s Unit is a 30-bed psychosocial rehabilitation service that provides specialist, voluntary mental health care, treatment and therapeutic programs to prisoners with a diagnosed mental illness. Participants selected for the program require psychosocial rehabilitation to minimise risk of relapse and enhance their social functioning in preparation for returning to general prison environment or release to community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Psychologist Grade 3 (Port Phillip Prison) via Pro Bono Australia.