About the role
SEEKING TO APPOINT NEW BOARD DIRECTORS
The Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL Board is currently seeking to appoint new dynamic Board Directors. Candidates should be committed to the organisation’s vision, purpose, values, and directions and share our passion to see Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL grow and continue to lead the way to better liver health for Victorians, free from hepatitis and stigma.
With one in five Australians living with or at risk of liver disease, this is an opportunity to work with a diverse range of people to transform what is a key health issue facing our community.
LiverWELL, trading as Hepatitis Victoria, is the peak for-purpose organisation working across the state for people affected by, or at risk of, viral hepatitis and liver disease. LiverWELL is a company limited by guarantee governed by ASIC. The Directors will each be one of up to 12 Board members who provide corporate governance to LiverWELL on behalf of its members and the broader community. For more information visit website: http://www.hepvic.org.au/ Review the Strategic Plan here
The LiverWELL Board will have a minimum of three, but up to five vacancies at October 2020. LiverWELL has transitioned to a skills-based Board and identified the need to seek Directors with one or more of the following:
- Financial management and accounting;
- Fundraising/stakeholder engagement / partnerships;
- Senior Executive management;
- Information and Communications technology oversight;
- Corporate Governance;
- Lived experience of viral hepatitis or other liver health issues; and
- Culturally and Linguistically diverse communities.
LiverWELL is an equal opportunity organisation and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply, including those with familiarity of our target communities and lived experience of liver disease.
We welcome applications with your Curriculum Vitae, at least two referees, and a cover letter up to two pages addressing:
values alignment; governance experience; and your capabilities in relation to the skills and experience set out above.
About the organisation
LiverWELL is the peak not for profit, community organisation committed to better liver health for Victorians, free from hepatitis and stigma. We have been in operation since 1982 and our services span advocacy, awareness raising, health promotion, community education, workforce training, chronic disease self-management and support.
Better liver health for Victorians, free from hepatitis and stigma.
- Respect – We respect all people affected by liver disease, promoting dignity and challenging stigma and discrimination
- Inclusion – We seek to understand and value the diverse circumstances and cultures of the people and communities with whom we work
- Collaboration – We work in partnership with those affected by liver disease, and with others who share our values and aim
- Impact – We strive for maximum impact, building on evidence, being innovative, and driving change to achieve better liver health.
For more information visit our website: http://www.hepvic.org.au/
How to apply
Applications should be addressed to Mez Obrien, Company Secretary, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and using the subject line: LiverWELL Board Director application. More detailed statement and position description available http://www.hepvic.org.au/page/1137/work-with-us
CLOSING DATE: Monday 20th July 2020 at 5pm
Please quote in application: BOARD DIRECTORS via Pro Bono Australia.