About the role
The Bookkeeper supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Treasurer. This role contributes to the effective financial management of the organisation. Key Tasks include:
- Bookkeeping, including data entry and preparation of sales invoicing, processing and payment of accounts payable invoices, follow-up and collection of debtor invoices, entry of payroll data, preparation of fixed asset register
- Preparing monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Maintaining and reconciling General Ledger account, including posting of month-end journal entries
- Taking the accounts through to completion with the assistance of external accountants and auditors
- Preparing and lodging BAS, IAS and lodging superannuation contributions
A full position description is available below.
About the organisation
The Community Housing Industry Association Victoria (CHIA Vic) is the peak body representing not-for-profit community housing organisations in this state. Our role is to advocate on behalf of our members to government and other relevant bodies, as well as providing advice, resources and training to the community housing sector. Community housing in Victoria is provided by a large and diverse range of not-for-profit organisations. These organisations own and manage over 19,600 tenancies in Victoria across the regulated and independent sectors.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper via Pro Bono Australia.