About the role
Evolve Housing offers you the opportunity to be part of this exciting new program which is aimed at providing housing and support to the most vulnerable in our community. Specifically targeting rough sleepers and those in Temporary Accommodation, this program will transition people into the private rental market and provide access to much needed support services. This program uses a case management approach to provide client centred, wrap around support to these individuals housed through the Program. It will assist people to gain independence by providing a home and supporting them on their journey to independence. You will facilitate and support clients with mental health and wellbeing, link clients with training and employment opportunities and enable the engagement of other support services including local health districts. You will assess and coordinate client referrals and interviews, connect clients with appropriate support services, build external relationships and participate in referral and exit assessment groups. This role will be largely independent and will have capacity to work in our Penrith and Parramatta offices. Our clients will be based in South Western Sydney, Western Sydney and the Nepean area. Working very closely with clients with complex needs this role requires flexibility and resilience.
The Right Person
Use your energy, tenacity and compassion to create change and be part of this progressive initiative which helps create opportunities, hope and building blocks for future success. You will be working with a culturally diverse cohort of clients with very complex needs and will have the opportunity to make a difference and help shape the destiny of others. You will need to have extensive case management experience and previous experience dealing with people with complex needs. Assertive Outreach experience and an understanding of Trauma Informed Care will be highly regarded.
You will need to be a self-starter, someone who embraces and relishes change and challenges and be committed to helping others achieve their goals. You will need to be resilient, patient, an active listener and someone who does not give up easily. If you have a genuine desire to help people and create change in the homeless sector we want to hear from you!
Essential Selection Criteria
- Formal qualifications in social services and demonstrated experience in this field, complemented by experience and knowledge of the social and community housing sector and/or employment services;
- Strong case management experience and exposure to working with clients with a variety of complex needs and a diverse background;
- Demonstrated application of effective and appropriate communication skills at a high level, including written skills, cultural sensitivity, listening and interviewing;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues that contribute to homelessness and rough sleeping;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in line with the privacy requirements of the role;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a commitment to build a supportive and collaborative team culture;
- Understands, respects and is sensitive towards cultural and social diversity;
- Current driver’s licence and right to drive in Australia;
- An inherent requirement of the role is a willingness to travel and work across a number of locations according to a flexible schedule;
- Proven ability to build strong networks and partnerships with relevant support services;
- Possession of a compliant Criminal Check and Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain;
- Right to work in Australia;
- Knowledge of Government policy and legislation applying to social and community housing and government benefits desirable;
Conditions and Benefits
Generous salary, NFP salary sacrifice (tax-free component may increase take home pay), 35 hour week, flexible workplace and genuine development opportunities
About the organisation
Evolve Housing is a community focused provider of social and affordable housing. We provide innovative housing services and solutions to those in need and develop partnerships that provide positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities.
Achieving social outcomes for our tenants, residents and community is a strategic focus for Evolve. We are excited to be part of a new initiative, the Together Home Program which further recognises our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities we support.
How to apply
To apply, submit your resume and a covering letter addressing all selection criteria to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evolve Housing encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
Evolve Housing welcomes applicants from Culturally & Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Please quote in application: Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.