About the role
Launch Housing wishes to deliver on its ambitious strategy to become a high-impact organisation that is clear on purpose, and that measures and communicates impact effectively. A new role has been established for Launch Housing’s first-ever Chief Impact Officer to join the leadership team. The role will focus on accelerating the achievement of strategic goals, creating plans for continuous improvement to occur across the organisation, and engaging staff and the community, in delivering their first ever annual Impact Report.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Impact Officer (CIO) has leadership responsibility for technology in practice, people and culture, learning and development, data analytics and evaluation functions. They will bring energy and a collaborative approach, along with stakeholder engagement experience and the ability to inspire and motivate others both internally and externally.
To be successful in this role, the CIO will:
- Role model behaviours that exhibit Launch Housing’s service philosophy and values in action.
- Showcase their cross-sector experience across sustainability, human services, health sciences or business.
- Have senior level stakeholder experience with one or more of the communities, government, and investor relations sectors.
- Demonstrate formal evaluation or applied research experience conducting, interpreting data, or deploying evaluation techniques with for-purpose-organisations.
- Be brave and energetic in leading and championing change.
Specific experience in homelessness is not required.
About the organisation
Launch Housing wants to end homelessness in Melbourne and lead the way for other cities around the world to do the same.
Helping over 18,000 people annually and with 380 staff in 14 locations and with a turnover of $60 million, Launch Housing is of a size, yet nimble enough, to make a real impact on homelessness. The Board and Team at Launch Housing believe that homelessness is solvable but not without more homes nor changing community attitudes about the stubborn persistence that some level of homelessness is inevitable, and therefore tolerable.
Informed by consultants and critical friends, Launch Housing is entering an exciting period of renewal and will soon release a high-impact strategy that aims to reverse the rate of street homelessness in Melbourne, and beyond.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Impact Officer via Pro Bono Australia.