About the role
The purpose of the Communications & Marketing Officer (CMO) position is to:
- Ensure our work is relevant, to the point and cut through as much as possible – by assisting in
the development and execution of Kidsafe Victoria’s Marketing and Communications plans
which will in turn support Kidsafe’s advocacy, awareness and media campaigns and programs
- Bring our storytelling to life – source, write and distribute stories and other content as directed
for Kidsafe’s social media channels, website, publications, newsletters, media, campaigns,
fundraising, e-learning tools, sponsors and donors.
- Assist with media engagement and market research as necessary.
This position reports to the Community Engagement Manager.
Key working relationships:
- Kidsafe Staff and contractors.
- External customers and stakeholders as required.
This position will be filled as a Full Time 1.0 or as a 0.8 full time equivalent, depending on the successful candiate. The position will commence on an initial 12 month contract with a 3 month probation period and possibility of contract extension. Kidsafe is a family friendly organisation and has some flexibility in terms of the timing of these hours.
This position will be a working from home position due to COVID-19 restrictions until further advised. The position will then be located at Kidsafe Victoria’s office at Monash Children’s Hospital in Clayton or a nearby office once restrictions have been lifted and is safe to do so.
The salary will be equivalent to approximately $60-70k pro rata plus super, commensurate with experience.
- Development and review of content for resources such as e-learning tools, website,
socials, media, fact sheets and blogs.
- Implement social media strategy.
- Assist with the development of sponsorship and donor engagement materials.
- Analyse and report on reach data from campaigns including social and media.
- Assist with the implementation of the media plan through the development of media
releases, case studies, stories and content library.
- Implement and analyse the effectiveness of Google AdWords performance.
- Development of content for market research as required.
- Assistance with the implementation of strategies to promote and market Kidsafe’s
campaigns and programs.
- Development of email marketing content for user journeys.
- Use of Active Campaign, Salesforce and other systems to capture and deploy content and
information as required.
- Administration for the Marketing and Fundraising Sub Committee as required.
Experience and skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications/ PR/ marketing/ journalism.
- Experience in copywriting and editing, including the ability to tailor writing to a brief and presenting material in a concise style suitable for digital platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with copy accuracy.
- Highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proven ability to work in teams and autonomously, including the ability to prioritise tasks given the multi-faceted demands of the role.
- Someone who can adapt and thrive in an evolving environment.
- Social media campaign development.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word.
- Lead generation and nurturing campaigns.
- Proactive and confident making recommendations and problem solving.
- Campaign automation.
- Email marketing.
- SEO and paid search strategies.
- CRM data management or Salesforce experience.
- WordPress CMS Websites.
- Adobe Suite – Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Digital platforms: Asana, Canva.
We are not just looking for someone based on their skills and expertise. We need someone who is
going to fit in with our small team and organisational culture.
This means you also need to be:
- Someone who thinks ‘why not’ instead of ‘why’ and is able to think outside of the box to
address a challenge.
- A strong and creative communicator.
- Friendly, approachable and have good relationship skills.
If you like the sound of us, then please apply. While we are reviewing applications, we encourage you
to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.
Appointment to this position is subject to:
- A satisfactory ‘Working with Children Check’ under the Working with Children Act 2005 (Vic).
- A satisfactory Police Check.
- Proof of current whooping cough vaccination prior to commencement and willingness to have a
flu vaccination each year
About the organisation
Kidsafe Victoria was established in 1979 as part of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia. We are the leading independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and injury to children. We do this through education, advocacy and research.
Preventable injuries are the leading cause of death for Australian children aged 1-14 years and one of the leading causes of hospitalisation. In Victoria, approximately 23 children die and over 100,000 are treated in hospital each year due to unintentional injuries, with children under the age of 5 most at risk.
Kidsafe exists to prevent these tragedies.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Communications & Marketing Officer via Pro Bono Australia.