About the role
Animals Australia is Australia’s foremost animal protection organisation who work tirelessly to protect the most abused and defenceless animals in our society. Through their award-winning national campaigns and unique investigative work, they have awakened millions to the suffering of animals in factory farms, the live animal export trade and the greyhound racing industry, while forcing unprecedented industry and government reform.
With over 2 million proactive members and supporters, Animals Australia are creating a world where compassion extends to everyone and where animals are treated with respect and free from cruelty.
Benefits & Culture
- Animal friendly and plant-based office
- Workplace flexibility
- Generous leave entitlements
- Professional development
- Positive and engaged culture
In this newly created position, you will act as a conduit between the Executive and the Senior Management Group ensuring operational excellence through all of the organisation’s functions including people & culture, finance, risk & compliance, governance, communications, and campaigns & advocacy.
Specifically you will:
- Lead, manage, guide and support the senior management group to achieve project objectives
- Operationalise the organisations strategic plan and vision
- Monitor organisational performance against strategic objectives
- Implement robust systems, policies and procedures to improve efficiency, ensure compliance and mitigate organisational risk
- Oversee the delivery of financial and operational reporting
You are a confident people leader who is currently operating at a senior level in a similar operational style role managing a wide range of internal functions across core business operations.
Importantly you can demonstrate:
- Excellent people management and conflict resolution skills with a genuine interest in employee wellbeing and promoting a positive and ethical working environment
- Advanced communication, relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate effectively
- Expert strategic, analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Success in meeting project deliverables and enhancing systems and processes in a dynamic and agile environment
- Strong business and commercial acumen, especially in a NFP environment
- An alignment to the values and mission of Animals Australia
If you share the vision of a world where kindness, compassion and respect extend to all living beings, then apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 02 8243 0570 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director of Operations via Pro Bono Australia.