About the role
The Early Intervention Case Worker is a key role within the Targeted Earlier Intervention Program, which is funded by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice. The overriding objectives of the program are to deliver flexible support to children, young people, families and communities experiencing or at risk of vulnerability early to prevent the escalation and address risk factors that may lead to entry into the child protection system if they are not addressed. The aim of this role is to provide early intervention support through short and long term casework and group work/activities with vulnerable children, young people and families.
MAIN DUTIES (but not limited to)
- Work up to 22.8 hours a week with flexibility offered
- Provide short-term and long-term case work support to parents, care-givers, children and youth
- Apply a strengths and evidence-based approach to facilitate and deliver culturally appropriate and diversity-sensitive programs and groups that build the capacity of children, young people and families
- Facilitate parenting programs, activities and other supports with the aim to identify emerging issues of concerns within families and promote the importance of parenting to child outcomes
- Provide information and community outreach to children, young people and their families
- Identify early signs of risk, such as homelessness, domestic violence and other threats to their health, safety and wellbeing and refer as appropriate to specialized services and interventions
- Collaborate with other organisations such as early childhood education centres, schools, community health, homelessness and domestic violence services
- Degree qualifications in the areas of Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Social Sciences or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with children, young people and their families in an early intervention context
- Practical experience in providing strengths based, client information sessions, advice, referrals, group work and case management, to children and young people and their families
- Experience in the delivery of early intervention strategies to culturally and linguistically diverse communities and an understanding of the diverse needs of clients
- Current and verified Working With Children Check and National Police Check, valid Australian Drivers Licence
About the organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over forty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/
Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Early Intervention Case Worker – Part Time via Pro Bono Australia.