About the role
Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL is the peak not for profit, community organisation committed to reducing the impact of viral hepatitis and liver disease. We provide information, support, referral, education and advocacy for people living with viral hepatitis and liver disease and training for those who work with them.
With one in five Australians living with or at risk of liver disease, this is an opportunity to work with a diverse range of people to transform what is a key health issue facing our community.
The creation of this new Engagement and Development team reflects the commitment of Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL to building a response to liver health that is community lead and that works in collaboration with others who share the same vision.
The Engagement and Development Manager will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and General Manager to proactively increase organisational reach and position Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL to achieve its strategic vision in relation to liver health.
This position is well suited for someone with a passion for not for profits and driving change. The key responsibility areas are:
- Growth and income generation
- Relationships and positioning of Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL
- Collaborations to achieve program and service outcomes
- Consumer participation to ensure a consumer informed response to liver disease in Australia
About the organisation
Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL is the peak not-for-profit community-based organisation working across the state for people affected by, or at risk of, viral hepatitis and liver disease. It is governed by an independent Board of Directors with the Chief Executive Officer and staff performing day to day duties.
Hepatitis Victoria/LiverWELL works to:
- Raise awareness of liver disease and prevent the transmission and impact of viral hepatitis
- Increase access and referral to quality information, care, treatment and support.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the community response to viral hepatitis and liver disease
- Offer a number of programs for individuals and organisations that promote well-being, educate and increase the capacity of others to respond
- Influence the government, media and other agencies in relation to a stronger response to the challenges of viral hepatitis and liver disease in our community.
The organisation strives to address the needs of priority populations affected by viral hepatitis and liver disease including:
For hepatitis B:
- Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Pregnant women with hepatitis B and their children
- Unvaccinated adults at risk of infection
- People living in rural/regional Victoria
For hepatitis C:
- People with hepatitis C
- People who inject drugs
- People in custodial settings
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People with hepatitis C co-morbidities
- Young people
OUR VISION AND VALUES OUR VISION
Better liver health for Victorians, free from hepatitis and stigma.
- Respect: we respect all people affected by liver disease, promoting dignity and challenging stigma and discrimination
- Inclusion: we seek to understand and value the diverse circumstances and cultures of the people and communities with whom we work
- Collaboration: we work in partnership with those affected by liver disease and with others who share our values and aim
- Impact: we strive for maximum impact, building on evidence, being innovative and driving change to achieve better liver health
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Part-time up to 0.8 FTE) via Pro Bono Australia.