About the role
Join an influential organisation committed to improving outcomes for children that provides fabulous working conditions with an incredibly supportive team environment!
In this newly created role you will be responsible for the strategic expansion and implementation of new business development initiatives within our professional learning services, accredited training and online learning platforms across the WA and NT regions. Reporting directly to the CEO and a key member of the senior leadership team you will have overall responsibility for engaging with existing and prospective clients/stakeholders to assess business opportunities and the resources required to make them sustainable projects. You will also be required to effectively lead, facilitate and delegate to your small yet dynamic and highly motivated team of professional learning consultants and trainers.
Ultimately you are a self-starter with exceptional commercial management expertise combined with experience in marketing which is key to your success in this newly created role. This role will drive the marketing communications and messaging as well as developing additional services in line with the organisation’s strategy and revenue targets.
The business development opportunities include growth acquisition and preparation of tenders and grants for funded programs via philanthropic and corporate initiatives. We are a value driven organisation with an experienced and supportive team that thrive on delivering superior results across all facets our businesses.
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as Marketing and/or Business Management
- Min 5 years of experience in a Commercial Manager, Business Development Manager or General Manager role
- Ability to identify and drive strategic initiatives that translate into plans for business growth
- Proven ability to think critically and strategically
- Results driven with strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to effectively articulate key messages, adapting to suit context and audience
- High level of networking and engagement skills
- Ability to create and pursue leads to negotiate successful outcomes
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
The Benefits of working at Child Australia
- Remuneration benefits commensurate to experience
- Be part of an exceptionally talented team of professionals deeply committed to supporting children, their families and the broader sector
- Dedicated focus on continuous improvement with ongoing opportunities for Professional Development
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income to increase take home pay
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that prior to employment, successful candidates address the following:
- Obtain a National Police Check
- Hold a current drivers licence and have access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel interstate between WA and NT as required
About the organisation
Child Australia is an education and care organisation providing services throughout Western Australia and the Northern Territory regions with the aim to improve the developmental outcomes for all children. Child Australia is regarded as a leading authority on capacity building within the early and middle childhood sector, providing professional development, information, online training and a wealth of professional resources to the sector.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Director Innovation and Business Development via Pro Bono Australia.