About the role
As a Family Advisor you will be given the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families the Penrith Community. You will be the first point of contact for family members seeking support. This full time role provides you an opportunity to make a unique difference to the lives of those in need accessing the Family Dispute Resolution (Mediation) services.
- Provide information about the service and/or centre, including access, eligibility criteria, services offered, requirements and procedures. Clients for services may be self-referred, referred by courts, or by other services;
- Provide professional intake via telephone and, where required, face to face, to assess fit for service and to ensure that the client is offered the appropriate pathway;
- Assessment of the needs of the clients and their families, including screening for suitability for the service, and to ensure safety for clients and staff;
- Ongoing management of cases where clients are accessing or using RANSW services and liaising with other staff and service providers as needed;
- Make appropriate referrals and assist clients to understand how these may help them. Coordinate referral to relevant programs, services, and/or centres on behalf of clients in person, by letter, phone, or on-line enquiries.
The remuneration for this full time position is between $73,671 – $73,905
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following;
- A degree or diploma in social work, counselling, psychology, welfare or health related services or equivalent.
- Experience in the human services environment in working directly with clients who may be experiencing significant crises, domestic violence or family transitions.
- Demonstrable skills in client assessment, engagement and awareness of issues relating to client safety, confidentiality and the requirements of relevant legislation (including Child Protection and Family Law).
- Understanding of Domestic Violence, Child Protection and Family Law.
- Excellent written / verbal skills – a basic level of counselling skills will be well regarded.
- Computer literacy.
For further information regarding this role, please refer to the attached position description CLICK HERE
About the organisation
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.