About the role
- Act as 2IC to the CEO, with accountability for the business operations, finance and human resources
- Implement and manage sufficient policies, processes and procedures to enable the organisation to operate good governance and manage risks
- Implement DPM’s strategic plan and manage day to day operations
- Support the CEO to identify and obtain organizational and project-based funding and identifying growth opportunities.
- Manage and report to the Board on finances, budget, risks and governance including Annual Reports and financial audits
- Support the CEO to manage day-to-day client accounts and relationships, including; scoping, engaging, contract negotiation and administration
- Oversee the day-to-day administration of projects as delegated to the Projects Manager
- Contribute and oversee marketing and communications plans
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in equivalent role i.e. General Management, Operations or Business Management experience
- Effective and collaborative leadership style with experience leading people, including HR requirements
- Strong financial, reporting and analytical skills
- Experience in identifying and managing funding, tender and grant opportunities
- Preferred experience and existing networks within Creative Industries ie. Community and Cultural Development, Music Industry, Film and Television, Philanthropic and Health Sectors.
- Experience working respectfully with Original Nations people and communities.
- Desirable a Bachelor or equivalent qualification in Business, Management or Operations
- Analytical/systems thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship development and interpersonal skills – Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels within and external to Desert Pea Media
- Ability to be ‘firm but fair’ when needed
- Technologically savvy, with experience using Xero (or equivalent Accounting package) and Microsoft Suite (specifically Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Preferred experience working in Adobe Suite (predominantly Photoshop and InDesign)
- Safety and risk awareness
About the organisation
Established in 2002, Desert Pea Media (DPM) is a registered charitable organisation that works with Original Nations young people in regional and remote areas of Australia using contemporary storytelling techniques and audio-visual media to foster important social and cultural dialogue. They work with Elders, young people, community leaders and local service providers to ensure programs are relevant, engaging and appropriate to the needs of individuals and communities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Desert Pea Media via Pro Bono Australia.