About the role
Drive the strategic ambition of the Supporter Engagement team to deliver real innovation and improvements in fundraising acquisition, retention, the performance of our 80 retail stores and our approach to philanthropy and corporate partnerships. We need you to look at the big picture and then design and lead delivery of successful strategic change projects. We hope you will be excited to take us on an Agile journey, supporting us in strengthening our ways of working.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs in Australia and overseas and, if there’s a disaster – like an earthquake, drought or conflict– we are there on the ground. The Supporter Engagement group exists to fuel the ambition of the organisation and deliver enr iching experiences for our supporters and customers.
Where you come in:
In this full-time, permanent position based in our Carlton* head office, you will provide strategic support, and report directly to our Director of Supporter Engagement. A key member of the Supporter Engagement Leadership Team, you will be pivotal in our quest for continuous improvement, develop strategic initiatives to establish new sources of income, manage strategic change initiatives and lift performance across fundraising, data and analytics and our retail divisions.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing Strategic support to the Executive Director of Supporter Engagement,
- Leading the development and implementation of high priority projects for Supporter Engagement,
- Linking into Sector and the Save the Children Global movement, championing best practice and provide thought leadership to the Supporter Engagement team,
- Coordinating planning and improved collaboration by leveraging effective relationships with Save the Children,
- Utilising and applying Agile practitioner concepts to define, manage, and control the scope of the product or projects.
Does this sound like you?
…You’re a passionate Agile practitioner and excited about taking a team who is new to Agile on the Agile journey. You’re a leader. Strategic, but still amply able to drive a project through all stages to deliver a successful end-state. You thrive on developing collaborative relationships and are equally comfortable communicating a vision to a project team as you are presenting to senior executives. This role will allow you the independence you crave, as well as the support and leverage of a successful not-for-profit that is passionate about the welfare of our children at home and overseas.
This role requires:
- Demonstrated application of Agile project management disciplines,
- Strategic and operational planning skills with strong ability to identify and analyse trends,
- Proven experience in driving business performance,
- Demonstrated leadership skills and cross-functional collaboration skills,
- Highly developed relationship building, influencing, and interpersonal skills,
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong ability to liaise with a broad range of key internal and external stakeholders.
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Flexible work environment including working from home
- Pet and child friendly work environment
- Generous salary plus full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave and paid parental leave
Position Description – Head of Strategy & Projects – Agile
*While COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are in place, this role works remotely (i.e. from home or an alternative location). Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, the role will be based in our office in Carlton.
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in ra ce, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
Save the Children Australia is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the listed closing date if our preferred candidate is identified early.
Save the Children Australia supports the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. If you are successful in your application, we will request consent to access HR held i nformation pertaining to your last 5 years of employment. You can read about the Scheme and our commitment to Safeguarding here.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Strategy and Projects – Agile via Pro Bono Australia.