About the role
Exciting new part-time administration role (24 hours/week) role for someone who has:
- A relevant qualification in information studies, health promotion, health/allied health, community development or business administration
- Excellent computer literacy in office 365, data base administration and formatting of documents
- Experience and/or an interest in setting up and working with remote technology
- An interest in supporting people with a progressive neurological condition
- A “can do” flexible approach to teamwork
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Fabulous organisational and administration skills
MND Victoria is dedicated to providing high quality services and support to people living with Motor Neurone Disease across Victoria and Tasmania.
The MND Education and Client Support Administration Officer is a member of the MND Education and Client Support Team. The officer will work collaboratively with the team to ensure the team delivers:
- the best possible information, education and training to the MND Community.
- timely and professional client support activities such as registration and allocation of people diagnosed with MND accessing the service.
The successful applicant will also assist with NDIS referral and billing processes.
You will be joining a small team of 30 highly committed professionals in a rewarding and caring environment.
This is a part-time (24 hours per week) position, based at Canterbury. Salary is between $69,000 to $74,000 (PRO RATA). Salary packaging available.
About the organisation
MND Victoria supports people living with motor neurone disease (MND) across Victoria and Tasmania. ‘People living with MND’ includes people who have been diagnosed, families, carers, former carers, friends, workmates, service providers and any other person whose life is, or has been, affected by MND.
The focus of MND Victoria’s Support Services activities is to support people living with MND in their own community or residence of choice; to ensure that the generic service systems of health, disability and aged care are able to meet the needs of people living with MND; that no person with MND has a high level of unmet needs. Support Services aims to act as an interface between people living with MND, the service system and service providers.
The four key MND Victoria Support Services are:
- MND Advisor and Support Coordinator Service: MND Advisors provide support to people living with MND to assist them to live as long as possible with the best quality of life possible.
- Education and Client Support Service: The Client Support and Education service provides comprehensive education and information support to people impacted by MND.
- Equipment Service: MND Victoria has developed an extensive range of assistive technology equipment, available free of charge to people with MND.
- MND Victoria’s work is supported by a network of volunteers. The dedicated assistance that volunteers provide underpins all MND Victoria’s activities.
How to apply
For a position statement, email email@example.com or telephone 9830 2122.
Applications addressing the key selection criteria as outlined in the position description to be submitted to Jo Whitehouse, firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Monday 20th July 2020. Interviews planned to be held in the week beginning 27th July 2020.
Please quote in application: MND Education and Client Support Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.