About the role
Exciting new full-time role for someone who is:
- Looking for a new challenge
- An experienced health professional who is committed to working with people with a progressive neurological condition
- A professional with a “can do” approach with commitment to providing the best quality support and education to people with MND their family, friends and people supporting them
- Keen to work collaboratively with our interstate colleagues to develop a national approach to information and education
- Able to develop our virtual training and education programs
- An excellent public speaker
MND Victoria is dedicated to providing high quality services and support to people living with Motor Neurone Disease across Victoria and Tasmania.
We are seeking a Team Leader for our newly restructured Education and Client Support Team to manage a small team who are responsible for facilitating and delivering education, provision of information and training that is responsive to the needs of people with MND and the wider MND Community. This team is the first point of contact for people diagnosed with MND and the TL has responsibility for managing the intake process and supporting the team to deliver the best possible support and advice.
You will be joining a small team of 30 highly committed professionals in a rewarding and caring environment.
This is a full time (38 hours per week) position, based at Canterbury. Salary is between $90,000 and $94,000. Salary packaging available.
About the organisation
MND Victoria supports people living with motor neurone disease (MND) across Victoria and Tasmania. ‘People living with MND’ includes people who have been diagnosed, families, carers, former carers, friends, workmates, service providers and any other person whose life is, or has been, affected by MND.
Our Support Services' teams support people living with MND in their own community or residence of choice; to ensure that the generic service systems of health, disability and aged care are able to meet the needs of people living with MND; that no person with MND has a high level of unmet needs. Support Services aims to act as an interface between people living with MND, the service system and service providers.
There are 4 MND Victoria Support Services Teams:
- MND Advisor and Support Coordinator Service: MND Advisors provide support to people living with MND to assist them to live as long as possible with the best quality of life possible.
- Education and Client Support Service: The Client Support and Education service provides comprehensive education and information support to people impacted by MND.
- Equipment Service: MND Victoria has developed an extensive range of assistive technology equipment, available free of charge to people with MND.
- MND Victoria’s work is supported by a network of volunteers. The dedicated assistance that volunteers provide underpins all MND Victoria’s activities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: MND Education and Client Support Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.