About the role
Intake Officer, NewAccess
- Full-time, fixed-term opportunity till 31 August 2022, based in South-Eastern NSW (Wollongong, Batemans Bay, Bega, Goulburn)
- $60,801.52 annual salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities are strongly encouraged to apply
Short description: Introducing NewAccess, a program licenced by Beyondblue, this is the first time NewAccess will be offered in South Eastern NSW. A once in a lifetime opportunity to kick start your new career, no qualifications are required, you will be provided full training and have ongoing, regular supervision.
About the program
Wellways’ South East NSW region are thrilled to be implementing NewAccess for the first time in NSW. NewAccess was developed and is licenced by Beyondblue, it is an adaption of the Increased Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) model. The program is a free mental health coaching program, utilising Low-intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy practices, designed to provide accessible, quality services for anyone finding it hard to manage life stress. For more information about NewAccess visit: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/newaccess/about-newaccess
About the role
Under the direction and support of the Team Leader, NewAccess, the Intake Officer provides the day to day intake and assessment functions is the first point of call for those on a waitlist and provides active wait-list management strategies. You will be required to undertake travel around NSW to offer services.
Day to day functions include:
- Conduct initial screening of clients seeking NewAccess services
- Support referrals into NewAccess
- Screening for eligibility for NewAccess programs
- Ensure a catchment-wide response to demand management and prioritisation for allocation for eligible clients
- Facilitate referrals and support
- Provide information for ineligible participants and refer them to external services where appropriate.
- Unique job opportunity
- Kick start a new career
- No qualifications or experience required, full training provided
- 8 hours per month of supervision for the first 12 months
- 1.5 hours per month of supervision with Team Leader, NewAccess
- Flexible working arrangements, varied hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
Skills & education:
- Ability to take and employ regular constructive feedback and support
- Ability to learn new skills in an intensive learning environment
- Ability to follow a structured approach to service delivery
- Ability to relate well to clients and staff
- High level of competency in key components of Microsoft Office applications combined with the ability to learn and adapt to new information technology systems
- Experience working in a recovery orientated mental health environment
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
About the organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people of all ages with mental health issues, disabilities, and those requiring community care. People with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds bring highly valued skills to our workforce.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Amy Bertakis Project Manager on 0417642698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 20 July 2020, however shortlisting and interviews will commence prior to closing date.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
To apply for this job go to: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5125358.
Applications close 20 July 2020
Please quote in application: New Access – Intake Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.