About the role
- Seeking role diversity?
- Be part of a progressive organisation
- Flexible work available
About the role/Opportunity
An outstanding opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to provide strategic leadership, to strengthen the practice skills and knowledge of all services staff, leading a practice culture that is integrative, and evidence based.
This pivotal position will deliver positive outcomes for vulnerable children and families, particularly regarding the most high risk, complex and sensitive cases. This will be achieved through the provision of effective support to practitioners by providing clinical supervision and expert advice and guidance on complex cases to support effective service delivery and responses across the breadth of Kids First’s programs.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, family therapy or other related disciplines
- Demonstrated professional experience and skills in the delivery of clinical supervision and secondary consultations for child and family services
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of continuous improvement and professional development activities for child and family services
- Experience in leadership, change management and service development A strong commitment to working systemically with children and families who have been affected by family violence, child abuse and neglect and other social and wellbeing issues.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Portable long services leave
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at www.kidsfirstaustralia.org.au
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcome everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Checked, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
To apply for this job go to: https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5124236.
Applications close 13 July 2020
Please quote in application: Principal Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.