About the role
AFAO is the national federation for the HIV community response in Australia. AFAO works to end HIV transmission and reduce its impact on communities in Australia and, also, in Asia and the Pacific through an eight country multi-country grant funded by the Global Fund for AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis.
The member organisations represent the diverse communities most affected by HIV – lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex communities, sex workers, people who inject drugs, people with HIV and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
AFAO’s close connection with communities, provides rapid intelligence on changes in the HIV epidemic, allowing the organisation to respond quickly, and to act as a trusted communication channel to government, multi-lateral funders, research and clinical partners.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, you will ensure delivery of targeted projects to support the development, implementation and evaluation of key initiatives and help ultimately influence the standard of care delivered to people with HIV. In addition, the role will support the accreditation process through the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP). Specifically you will:
- Support the preparation high-quality proposals and applications
- Manage multiple projects with varied timeframes
- Identify and maximise partnerships to embed AFAO’s offerings within the health system
- Establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders at the government and community level
- Support the organisation to meet its reporting obligations to Department of Health
The successful candidate will be an expert relationship builder with a track record of successful project coordination. Additionally you have:
- Superior written communication skills (a written assessment will form part of the selection process)
- Capacity to conceptualise solutions to complex issues
- Experience engaging with the international aid sector and/or Australia’s public health system
- A proven track record managing concurrent projects and meeting tight deadlines
- Formal qualifications in health, science, international development or associated field
If you are passionate about ending HIV transmission in Australia, Asia and the Pacific, please submit a resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.