About the role
The purpose of the Project Officer position is to provide project and administrative support to ensure projects and the office run smoothly.
• Assist with project planning and implementation as required
• Receive and respond to enquiries received from members of the public
• Enter program and evaluation data as required
• Draft grant applications and reports
• Draft and review articles, fact sheets and other content as required
• Assist with drafting submissions (e.g. standards, RIS, other) and correspondence logs
• Other project and administrative duties as required
This position will be filled as a 0.8 full time equivalent position and will commence on an initial 12 month contract with a 3 month probation period.
This position will be a working from home position due to COVID-19 restrictions until further advised. The position will then be located at Kidsafe Victoria’s office at Monash Children’s Hospital in Clayton or an office location nearby once restrictions have been lifted and is safe to do so.
Experience and skills:
• Tertiary qualifications or experiential equivalent in health, administration or other related discipline
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
• High level of written communication skills, including drafting of reports
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of a small team
• Flexible, adaptable and open to new ideas and priorities
We are not just looking for someone based on their skills and expertise. We need someone who is going to fit in with our small team and organisational culture. This means you also need to be:
• Someone who thinks ‘why not’ instead of ‘why’ and is able to think outside of the box to address a challenge
• A strong and creative communicator
• Friendly, approachable and have good relationship management skills
About the organisation
Kidsafe Victoria was established in 1979 as part of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia. We are the leading independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to the prevention of unintentional death and injury to children. We do this through education, advocacy and research.
Preventable injuries are the leading cause of death for Australian children aged 1-14 years and one of the leading causes of hospitalisation. In Victoria, approximately 23 children die and over 100,000 are treated in hospital each year due to unintentional injuries, with children under the age of 5 most at risk.
Kidsafe exists to prevent these tragedies.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.