About the role
The Federation of Community Legal Centres is the peak body for Victoria’s Community Legal Centres (CLCs). Its 48 members are at the forefront of helping those facing economic, cultural or social disadvantage and whose life circumstances are severely affected by their legal problem.
For over 40 years, CLCs have been part of a powerful movement for social change, reshaping how people access justice, creating stronger, more equitable laws, and more accountable government and democracy.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging
- Flexible work practices and family friendly workplace
- Collaborative, engaged and positive team environment
- Exciting period of growth for the organisation
You will be responsible for coordinating the National Accreditation Scheme (NAS) for the Federation’s members. The NAS is a sector-led accreditation and certification process for community legal assistance services across Australia. The NAS aims to support and give recognition to good practice in the delivery of community legal services, governance and operations, across the sector. Specifically you will:
- Engage and support members throughout the accreditation cycle by delivering information, advice and coaching
- Conduct onsite accreditation audits and assessments and develop recommendations that strengthens the governance, operations, risk management and service delivery of members
- Monitor and evaluate improvement action plans and provide guidance and support in the implementation of quality improvement activities
- Identify accreditation issues and gaps and analyse emerging trends that will inform sector sustainability, capacity building strategies and training and development activities
- Collaborate with working groups at a state and national level to develop tools and resources that support quality continuous improvement for members and across the sector
This role would suit an outcomes focused quality professional who has worked within audit or accreditation, to assess performance and foster a culture of continuous quality improvement from an organisational wide approach. Importantly you will demonstrate:
- Experience working with accreditation and quality standards and requirements
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to “think outside the box”
- Expert stakeholder engagement and relationship building; ability to consult, collaborate and influence outcomes
- Highly developed written communication skills; experience in drafting a range of reports and material
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet project reporting outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Be instrumental in strengthening capacity and delivering continuous quality improvement across the community legal sector in Victoria. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Quality & Capacity Building Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.