About the role
The Sector Development Officer works within CMY’s Knowledge and Advocacy Team to assist in building capability within relevant sectors by developing and promoting resources that encourage and promote good practice in working with migrant and refugee young people.
- Hours: 22.8 hours per week (0.6 FTE) Part Time
- Fixed Term: Until 30 June 2021
- Base Salary SCHADS Level 5 : $80,443 per annum (pro rata) plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office
- Applications Close: Midday, 12:00 pm Monday, 13 July 2020
- Interviews: to be held on Thursday, 16 July 2020
You will have
- Well-developed project development and management skills including administrative and organisational skills, and an ability to develop and follow project plans and follow a work program.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate using a range of mediums to a wide range of stakeholders and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective networks.
- Experience in delivering training on contentious topics.
- Knowledge of cultural competence frameworks and an understanding and sensitivity to the issues experienced by young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
- Experience in the research, design and development of written resources.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert you name> Sector Development Officer CMY106.
For more information, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Sector Development Officer (CMY106) via Pro Bono Australia.