About the role
- 12-month full time contract (Parental Leave Cover)
- Based in Melbourne
- Generous Salary Packaging options
About the Role
The Senior Coordinator, Trusts & Foundation is responsible for initiating, cultivating and managing relationships with a philanthropic trusts, including the regular submission process of applications and acquittals. Strong research and relationship management in the stewardship and engagement of the key individuals of philanthropic bodies is a core priority of this role.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Manage the philanthropic grant submissions, identifying, writing and targeting compelling funding applications and proposals with a view to increasing philanthropic income to the Institute
- Ensure trusts and foundations are appropriately recognised for their contribution to the Institute
- Develop and maintain trust, foundation and grant records on our database, including using reporting methodology to track submissions, moves and income
- Assist in donor stewardship activities and in the planning and execution of events for current and prospective trust and foundation supporters
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- Proven success in Trust and Foundations grant submissions and knowledge of the Australian philanthropic landscape, or strong research and copy writing skills
- Experience with major gifts methodology would be an advantage
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including the ability to manage a range of tasks with conflicting priorities
- Well-developed negotiation skills, including the ability to influence internal stakeholders with conflicting agendas
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills
Working at the Baker Institute offers flexibility, professional development, and the opportunity to contribute to a research centre of world renown. Benefits include generous salary packaging, an employee assistance program, and an active social club as well as modern offices and laboratories adjacent to the Alfred Hospital and walking distance to St Kilda Road, Chapel Street, and Fawkner Park.
The Baker Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for roles within the Institute. We value diversity, inclusivity, gender equity and we promote family friendly practices. We are a proud recipient of an inaugural Athena SWAN Bronze Award from Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE).
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
03 8532 1470
About the organisation
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility. Our work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
How to apply
How to Apply
Applications should include a current resume with details of 2 professional referees quoting reference (AM02). To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. For a position description or further information, please visit our website at: https://www.baker.edu.au/career.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 15 July 2020
Please quote in application: Senior Coordinator, Trusts & Foundations via Pro Bono Australia.