About the role
The Schools Support Program works with primary and secondary schools to support staff in their work with students and families of a refugee background. The program develops and maintains relationships with teaching professionals whilst working collaboratively within existing program frameworks to implement capacity building and change processes. Our innovative program resource School’s In for Refugees: A whole-school approach to supporting students and families of refugee backgrounds (SIFR) supports schools and school-based professionals in their efforts to provide a high quality education to young people of refugee backgrounds. For more information about at the program click here: https://foundationhouse.org.au/specialised-programs/schools/
About the role
Working with the Program Leader, the Senior Professional Learning Officer will coordinate the professional learning aspects of the program to deliver best practice, relevant professional learning to ensure consistent content and delivery. A collaborative work environment, working with the team and schools to build a supportive school culture that enhances educational outcomes for students from refugee backgrounds. We are offering a permanent, four day a week position based at our head office in Brunswick.
- You are experienced in the development and delivery of professional learning, having worked collaboratively with teaching professionals in a school/education sector context.
- You will be used to developing and managing content for professional learning through referencing current research and evidence utilising existing frameworks.
- You will be an excellent communicator, having worked successfully with stakeholders within partnerships.
- You will be a leader in your field.
- You have knowledge of the issues facing refugee background families will inform your approach to this work.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $92,971 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Conditional employment requirements:
- Satisfactory police check
- Working with Children Check
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia
About the organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (VFST) provides a range of services to people in Victoria who have been subject to torture or other traumatic events prior to their arrival in Australia. This group includes refugees and asylum seekers. It is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned.
How to apply
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 2 July 2020
Applicants must submit their resume along with the application form and address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded from our website at www.foundationhouse.org.au
Please email applications to Zaheera Deen, Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Greg Gow, Program Leader, Education and Early Years on 0418 340 090.
Please quote in application: Senior Professional Learning Officer via Pro Bono Australia.