About the role
Reporting to the Program and Operations Manager, the Senior Program Advisor will lead regional strategic planning and the planning and design of technically sound health focused projects that align with both the Regional Program Strategy and broader RACS Global Health Strategy. In this role, the Senior Program Advisor will apply effective project cycle management approaches to all of RACS Global Health activities in the Pacific region and ensure that the monitoring and evaluation plans that are developed are in close alignment with RACS Global Health Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework and Theory of Change. The incumbent will be expected to effectively manage in-country and Australian based partners, prepare technical program and project reports and manage program budgets and expenditure to ensure timely and accurate reporting and fulfilment of all contractual obligations to donors.
This role will be offered on a fixed term, three-year contract.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Post-graduate qualification (Master of Public Health or International Development)
- A proven track record managing complex, donor-funded programs in the Pacific region
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health and development programming in low and middle-income countries
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high level of initiative and sound judgement
- Ability to work within a team in a flexible and co-operative manner
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence and tact with a range of professional staff and volunteers
- Highly developed organisational skills in maintaining and implementing effective administrative systems and procedures
- Ability to coordinate tasks, set priorities and work to timelines in a challenging environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong report writing skills
Why Work At RACS?
- Be part of a workplace that recognises employees are at their best when they have balance in heir lives
- Feel a sense of wellbeing from being supported by a workplace that values your strengths
- Join a dynamic and supportive team
- Work for an organisation committed to enhancing your personal professional development.
About the organisation
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is a not for profit, membership-based organisation leading the way in surgical performance, professionalism and patient care in Australia and New Zealand.
RACS is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new CEO and Executive Leadership team who are committed to creating a modern, relevant and forward-looking organisation.
With service to our members at the forefront of our business, we strive to deliver business outcomes that are will enhance the contribution of surgeons to the broader community.
Based at the top end of town we are within easy walking distance to trams and Parliament Station.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Program Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.