About the role
Senior Worker – Case Management
(Full time, ongoing)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package up to $93,656 (including leave loading and superannuation).
VincentCare Victoria is seeking an appropriately-qualified person to take on the position of Senior Worker who has demonstrated experience supporting single adults experiencing or at risk of homelessness, and an ability to support, guide, supervise and mentor other Key Workers (Case Managers).
The Inner Melbourne Community Hub Case Management team comprises of Key Workers who work closely with homeless and marginalized adults. The Senior Worker has demonstrated experience supporting people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, and an ability to support, guide and mentor other Key Workers in their client work. The Senior Key Worker will lead a multi-faceted case management team based at the new Ozanam House redevelopment featuring a Homelessness Recovery Centre, crisis, extended stay and long-term housing. The team supports clients in accommodation, as well as in the community. The role incorporates the responsibility for additional data collection and reporting related to service delivery, leading team reflective practice, staff supervision and a reduced case load.
The overall aims of the case management program are to work from a collaborative, integrated and client centred approach with clients, and use ongoing assessment, case planning and review, and referral to assist people in securing and maintaining affordable housing. The team will support clients through crisis, recovery and growth by means of supporting and referring clients with diverse support needs: mental health, substance misuse, social marginalization, legal, family violence, intellectual and/or physical disability.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (For example Bachelor Degree) (required)
- Further qualifications in another discipline or specialist area (For example Graduate Diploma) (desired)
- Experience in leading a team with energy and enthusiasm, delivering staff supervision, and fostering a positive and accountable approach to the service and the broader goals of the organisation (desired and preferred)
- Experience working in, and knowledge of the homelessness and community services sector
- Experience in case management practice and navigating service systems with and for clients
- Experience in liaising with other community service organisations for the development of on-going relationships and referral protocols beneficial to client support
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and an empowering approach, demonstrating flexibility and initiative, in working with homeless individuals
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Evidenced administrative accuracy and detail, including timely data entry
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is required
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV together with a detailed response to each of the key selection criteria in the position description which is available at https://hcm613.peoplestreme.net/vincentcare/erec_external.asp.
Please submit your application through our website at https://hcm613.peoplestreme.net/vincentcare/erec_external.asp.
Phone enquiries may be made to Danielle, Manager of Coordination and Support Services on 0437 864 306
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday, 3 July 2020
VincentCare welcomes applications from people from diverse cultural & linguistic backgrounds including people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
All appointments within VincentCare Victoria are subject to satisfactory completion of a police check and character/performance reference checks. Police checks will be undertaken for the selected candidate prior to any job offer being confirmed. Police checks are also undertaken on a periodic basis during the period of employment.
All appointments are subject to disclosure of any relevant employment history of formal disciplinary action for improper or unprofessional conduct taken by current or previous employers or any other integrity body within or outside Australia.
The incumbent for this position must have and maintain a current Victorian Working with Children Check or equivalent.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Worker of Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.