About the role
Want a job where you are constantly innovating and improving technology as a vehicle for real-world change? One where you get to work with passionate, motivated coworkers each and every day? GetUp is looking for a Tech Director to lead our talented team of developers and data analysts.
Total salary package of $111,727.40 – $117,003.00 + superannuation – as determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent position based in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, however flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
WHO IS THE GETUP TECH TEAM
Technology is core to GetUp’s ability to radically redefine what‘s politically possible in Australia. Our Tech Team is a tight-knit group of experienced, committed developers and data analysts. We work closely with GetUp campaigners and organisers to build innovative digital campaign strategies and tools to amplify our members’ voice, time and money – so they can’t be ignored.
We have lots of exciting ideas about what the future of collective action might look like but we need an experienced technologist to help us turn these ideas into reality. This is an opportunity to join our team and work together to design, build, break and reinvent the tools that help make Australia fairer, protect our environment and enhance our democracy.
WHAT WORKING AT GETUP MEANS:
- Being able to connect your best work to positive impact;
- A place where you’ll have space to learn and experiment – GetUp stays relevant by embracing new technologies;
- Total salary package of $111,727.40 – $117,003.00 + superannuation as determined by relevant experience and qualifications;
- Other entitlements to keep you happy and healthy, including six weeks holidays per year and activist leave;
- Flexible working arrangements with the option to work from our Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne offices or remotely.
- You’ve led programming teams before and know how to support them to succeed;
- You can develop roadmaps to determine what’s needed – whether it’s a commercial service, a bespoke product built in-house, or an open-source collaboration with international partners; and
- You have experience analysing data to help others make data-driven decisions.
THIS MIGHT BE THE JOB FOR YOU IF:
- You love programming and are excited to work with talented programmers that care as much about making the world a better place as you do;
- You’re curious about what the data says;
- You may not have used but you have an opinion on Django vs Rails vs Node, React – Native or otherwise, serverless, functional programming, and semicolons;
- You enjoy thinking about how trends in technology will shape how Australians participate in democracy;
- You love a challenge, are willing to take moonshots and aren’t afraid to fail; and
- You’re excited to create apps to engage people in action for political change.
About the organisation
WHO IS GETUP
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most – in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Technology Director via Pro Bono Australia.