About the role
- Job Reference: SBH-12
- Job Type: Temp to Perm, Part Time (22.8 hours per week)
- A range of Employee Benefits Offered
- Location: East Perth, right next to Claisebrook train station
St Bart’s is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Officer (Payables) to join our small team providing support to the wider organisation. Your attention to detail and high level of accuracy is key in this position as you will be responsible for the processing of supplier invoices, and ensuring the prompt payment and reconciliation of all invoices within set timeframes.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is highly organised, able to prioritise their own workload and juggle multiple tasks as operationally required. This position works to set deadlines and would suit someone who is committed to the work and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that things get done on time.
To be successful in this position, you must be experienced in the accounting field, and have a good understanding of accounting best practice, procedures and software. Ideally you will use your experience to add value to the team by identifying areas for process improvement and creating efficiencies.
In addition, you will also be responsible for accounting and administrative tasks to support the broader finance department including maintaining accounts payable systems, developing processes and other finance duties as required.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Processing of supplier invoices both on a weekly basis as well as end of month payments
- Ensuring invoices are authorised correctly and in line with the Delegations Policy
- Reconciliations of a of accounts including credit cards, prepayments and accrued expenses
- Maintaining accurate and orderly records of all supplier invoices and payment records to ensure they are easily retrieved
- Keeping up to date with legislative requirements and accounting best practice to ensure compliance and adherence
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting requirements
- Supporting the finance team across all positions as required
- Contribute and assist with the development of any policies, procedures, forms related to accounts in line with continuous improvement and quality;
About the organisation
St Bart’s is a not-for-profit organisation providing a diverse range of services for those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Services include supported accommodation, recovery focused accommodation for those with Mental Health issues, residential aged care, and aged care home services. For more information about St Bart’s, please visit our website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts Officer (Payables) via Pro Bono Australia.