About the role
What you will be doing
- Developing and enhancing the capacity of people with disability and their families
- Assist in building and managing relationships with stakeholders, whilst expanding the reach of the organisation across the state
- Working alongside a consortium of organisations in the delivery of the project
- Develop content, coordinate, present and co-present at events
- Coordinate events from webinars through to conferences.
- Resource development
Essential Criteria (applications must address each criteria)
- Commitment to the full inclusion of people with disability
- Sound knowledge of contemporary and innovative employment practices that support people with disability into meaningful work such as customised employment and micro enterprises.
- Experience in organising, promoting and facilitating events such as webinars, workshops and conferences including developing and presenting workshop content
- Demonstrated capability of working with people with disability and families
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience with a range of software applications
- Capacity to travel around NSW and interstate
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Lived experience of disability
- Exposure to Social Role Valorisation
About the organisation
Family Advocacy is a statewide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people who have developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, and on behalf of their own family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly.
The Capacity Development Coordinator will carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with the philosophy, policy and practices laid down by the Management Committee and in a way which reflects the cultural diversity of the Australian population.
Resourcing Inclusive Communities
Resourcing Inclusive Communities is an initiative of Family Advocacy and works across NSW. We hold the philosophy that people with disability thrive in the heart of the community, sharing the same everyday experiences as their fellow Australians.
We share our vision of social inclusion with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). One of the eight guiding principles of the CRPD outlines that all people with disability have the right to experience full and effective participation and inclusion in society. Resourcing Inclusive Communities works with many allies in the community to support this vision.
We provide information through our online platforms, through events such as webinars, workshops and conferences, we design tailored training, mentoring and supports for external services, develop extensive resources and have a 1800 number that provides support across NSW. We support positive change through working closely with people with disability, their family members, service providers, mainstream services, businesses and the broader community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR-Resourcing Inclusive Communities via Pro Bono Australia.