About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 3 days per week | 12 month parental leave contract
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Family Preservation and Reunification Program as part of the Families First team. The position is part time 45.6 hours per fortnight, maximum term to 24 September 2021 (parental leave cover).
The Families First program supports families with children aged 0-17 years who have been referred by DHHS Child Protection. The program aims to address protective concerns, prevent unnecessary out of home care placement, and support children and young people to return home where placement has occurred.
The Case Worker will:
- Provide intensive short term case management support and assertive outreach
- Undertake complex family assessments
- Develop informed and creative interventions tailored to the needs of each family
- Maintain comprehensive case notes and prepare high level reports
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of theoretical approaches relevant to working with infants, children, young people and families, including the Best Interests Framework
- Extensive professional experience in the field of child, youth and family services, including experience working with DHHS Child Protection
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative interventions to engage reluctant families
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Wednesday 12 August 2020
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Family Preservation & Reunification and Home Based Care
0403 353 516 (during business hours)
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Families First via Pro Bono Australia.