About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 4 days per week | 12 month parental leave contract
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Family Preservation and Reunification Program as part of the Parenting Assessment and Skills Development Service (PASDS). The position is part time 60.8 hours per fortnight, maximum term to 19 September 2021 (parental leave cover).
The PASDS program provides parenting capacity assessments for vulnerable families with infants under the age of 3 years, referred from DHHS Child Protection. The program delivers intensive skill development interventions to families to address the infant’s developmental, safety and wellbeing needs.
The Case Worker will:
- Provide intensive case management and innovative outreach support
- Undertake comprehensive in-home assessments
- Develop creative interventions tailored to the family’s level of skill, learning style and areas of concern
- Prepare high quality reports for DHHS Child Protection and Courts
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Wednesday 12 August 2020
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Family Preservation & Reunification and Home Based Care
0403 353 516 (during business hours)
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Parenting Assessment & Skills Development Service via Pro Bono Australia.