About the role
This is an APS5 position.
The role of Community and Peer Advisor requires someone with lived experience of mental health issues and Australian Defence Force service, as either an ex-ADF member or partner/carer of a current or ex-ADF member (spouse, ex-partner or widow/widower). The position entails using one’s lived experience to respectfully support and educate clients, consumers and stakeholders about strengths-based, recovery oriented practices and community support services.
The Community and Peer Advisor will work collaboratively within a regional Community Engagement Team to provide direct support to clients. The position will also work with key internal and external stakeholders to influence a recovery approach to service delivery for veterans and serving ADF members and their families, and in doing so foster wellbeing.
Day to day duties include:
- Co-facilitate relevant group programs.
- Work effectively and cooperatively as a member of the Community Engagement Team
- Represent our client and the peer workforce to strengthen the organisation’s public profile, in order to further enhance responsiveness and reach
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Clinical Practice and Governance policies and Accreditation
- Participate in program evaluation and research activities, strategic direction and quality improvement, particularly in relation to community engagement activities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to respectfully and effectively utilise previous experience outlined above to promote a recovery focused approach to support others (ESSENTIAL)
- Willingness to undertake relevant training and professional development, including completion of certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work and Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
- Experience in casework or other human services delivery
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community and Peer Advisor (Veteran) APS5 via Pro Bono Australia.