About the role
- Part time position available
- Fixed-Term contract based in Harris Park
- Salary Packaging & Other Exciting Benefits Available
About the role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Counsellor to join the Wattle Place team. This role will see you providing quality trauma-informed counselling and therapeutic casework services for psychological wellbeing for people who have experienced complex childhood trauma. This counselling is specialised in providing person-centred, trauma-informed, and strengths-based approach counselling services to Forgotten Australians, Former Child Migrants and people accessing the National Redress Scheme.
The annual base salary range for this part-time maximum term contract position is $43,401 – $48,358 (3 days a week). The salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate being dependent on their level of experience, training and qualifications. In addition to the base salary, there is the employers contribution (9.5%) to superannuation, leave loading (17.5%) and we offer salary packaging
About the team
You will be working within an agile team collaborating closely with the Manager of Wattle Place and the Team Leader
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess a combination of the below
- Formal graduate qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in providing psychological support for people who have experienced trauma
- Ability to provide quality counselling and casework interventions that are person centred and individually tailored
- Highly developed therapeutic skill base for assessment, engagement, case planning and working with people who have experienced loss, abuse and trauma
- Understanding of trauma informed care principles and the long-term impact of the ‘care’ experience for the person and the issues/ barriers faced in adulthood.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please apply with your responses to the criteria and relevant resume information.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT AT A LATER POINT.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the fields.
1. Have your resume and cover letter ready to go.
2. You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
3. Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
This role has no formal closing date, we will review applications as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.