About the role
- 2 ongoing Child, Youth, Adult and Family Counsellors based in Dallas
- 1 ongoing Child, Youth and Family Counsellor based in Sunshine
- 1 fixed term (12 month) maternity leave backfill Child, Youth, Adult and Family Counsellor based in Ringwood
About the roles
You’ll be responsible for delivering thorough psycho social assessment, counselling and advocacy services to clients within the Foundation House Integrated Trauma Recovery Service Model. You will be working with people of all ages and various ethnic, religious, and life backgrounds. This will include working with refugees having permanent residence or citizenship in Australia, Temporary Protection Visa holders (TPV), Special Humanitarian, Enterprise Visa holders (SHEV), asylum seekers in held detention, community detention and those living in the community on Bridging Visas. Much of this work is conducted while using professional interpreters.
A large proportion of client work occurs off site and on an outreach basis. Some travel to other Foundation House sites and venues will also be required.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be supported by highly skilled and qualified practitioners and receive regular supervision and valuable support.
- Degree qualified as a psychologist, social worker or counsellor or relevant university degree similar.
- Ability to demonstrate your experience providing therapeutic interventions, advocacy and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma informed practice models in working with adults and families and children and young people where indicated, with refugee trauma backgrounds.
- Experience in a range of therapeutic approaches in working with complex issues such as mental health, family violence and substance abuse.
This role is well suited to candidates who are organised, client-focused and who can effectively manage tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of self-awareness and professionalism. You will also demonstrate a positive, creative and collaborative approach to the delivery of these vital services. Previous experience in working or with Refugees and Asylum Seekers or other groups who have experienced trauma and/or marginalisation will be highly regarded.
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $91,745 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
Conditional employment requirements:
- Satisfactory police check
- Working with Children Check
- Proof of the right to work and live in Australia
About the organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Counsellor/Social Worker/Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.