About the role
- Disability Sector Consultants x 2
- Full time, can consider 4 days
- Fixed-term contract until 30th June 2021, with possibility of extension
- Use your knowledge/expertise to achieve positive outcomes
- Contribute to COVID-19 management advice in the disability sector
- Be part of a supportive team
The core purpose of the two new Disability Sector Consultant positions is to provide operational and strategic advice to support disability services providers to effectively respond to COVID-19, and assist them to reset their services to maintain business viability in the context of infection controls, NDIS prices, changing participant demands and NDIS practice standards.
The roles will help build and maintain NDS’ expertise in infection control and business continuity, and demonstrate our ongoing commitment to supporting providers in the delivery of safe services during the current COVID-19 crisis.
Each position will include a focus on several specific disability settings, likely to be grouped as follows:
Position A – Housing (including SDA and SIL providers), respite and in-home supports
Position B – Day Services and Community based supports, Employment services, Transport
- Provide operational and strategic advice to support disability services providers to effectively respond to COVID-19, and assist them to reset their services to maintain business viability in the context of infection controls, NDIS prices, changing participant demands and NDIS practice standards.
- Work collaboratively with disability service providers to identify and address the ongoing and emerging issues and risks related to:
- Infection control and the management of COVID-19; Building new ways of operating that meet Government guidelines and directives and keep people safe.
- Business continuity planning; risk management, developing and embedding adaptive business and service models in response to the new environment.
- Provide high level advice on the ongoing and emerging issues and risks facing Victorian providers across the different settings based on up-to-date knowledge of COVID-19 in the Victorian context, including the latest advice and directives from Government Departments
- Work with experts in infection control and business continuity, translating their expertise and advice suitable to service providers across the different settings
- Design, develop, curate and disseminate materials and supports for target audiences for maximum reach and impact
- Engage and negotiate sensitively with a range of stakeholders
- Represent NDS and effectively present information on complex issues, drawing on deep knowledge of disability services
- Draft internal and external communications.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with flexibility to move between priority tasks as they arise
- Other duties as agreed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills and an ability to solve complex problems, contributing to effective outcomes
- Demonstrable high level understanding of the disability services sector and the issues and challenges arising for services and people with disability in the current COVID-19 and NDIS context
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills, including demonstrated ability to engage, consult and negotiate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including consultants, government and other relevant bodies, on complex issues.
- Ability to write clear, accurate and cogent reports on complex matters objectively and analytically.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyse, interpret and contextualize quantitative and qualitative data and intelligence and present findings and advice effectively to a range of audiences and appropriate for the disability sector
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate online meetings/forums, contributing and presenting information effectively to various audiences.
- Effectively manage projects to ensure they meet required deliverables
A tertiary degree in a related field
- A qualification at masters level
- A background or understanding of business planning and risk management
- A background or understanding of the health sector and/or infection control
About the organisation
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non-government service providers. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability. We continue to foster an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees. NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference
What we offer
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development programs
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Sector Consultants via Pro Bono Australia.