About the role
How you will make an impact
Provide important leadership in the Partnerships and Engagement team, taking responsibility for delivering projects, ensuring value and financial return to the organisation consistent with the Strategic Plan. Influencing and inspiring communities to build understanding, investment and take action to transition to a zero carbon society.
What you will do
• Provide leadership within the Partnerships and Engagement team
• Project management and delivery with a focus on developing and implementing tailored engagement strategies
• Business development and management
What an average week might look like
• Support the GM of Partnerships and Engagement to ensure AEF continues to hold a leadership position with respect to our community and stakeholder engagement expertise
• Develop and leverage relationships and promote AEF to build trust in our organisation and brand to achieve the long-term strategic goals of AEF
• Manage projects in parallel to budget and ensure accurate and timely invoicing, implement effective systems to track progress; regularly evaluate and measure the effectiveness of projects
• Contribute to meeting the impact and financial targets of the Business Plan
• Assist with funding strategies and applications, development of proposals and tender responses
• Develop and manage key client relationships and actively seek commercial opportunities to grow our business, this includes identifying and planning meetings and attending other events and networking opportunities
You will have
• Solutions-based thinking, excellent relationship building, initiative and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience successfully leading sales and accounts within an organisation
• Minimum of five years’ experience in management roles – staff leadership and management, planning, budgeting, evaluating and reporting
• Relevant tertiary qualification, community based social marketing training and community engagement training
• Strong knowledge of the energy and energy efficiency market
What’s in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
• Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices and end-of-trip facilities.
• A versatile work environment with flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
• Individual learning and development plans to assist in your career progression.
• Additional annual leave options including paid leave over Christmas and the ability to purchase extra leave.
• A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
• As we are a national company, there will also be opportunities for interstate travel.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.
About the organisation
Who we are:
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero carbon society.
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action.
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Engagement Leader via Pro Bono Australia.