About the role
- Northern Beaches Location
- Full-time hours
- Fixed term contract (until June 30th 2021)
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 23,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a Family Caseworker to join our Family and Youth Support Services team, located at our Northern Beaches Family Centre. This position provides quality child focused early intervention and intensive casework and group work support services to families with children and young people.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough assessments of families and young people to ensure the child’s and family’s needs are addressed;
- Providing informed advice and information, assessing suitability for internal services and making referrals to other services where appropriate;
- Focusing on case management and case coordination service to families;
- Conducting regular and timely client reviews to assess family programs;
- Facilitating high quality group work as required;
- Completing compulsory reporting requirements;
- As well as other duties specified in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or related discipline and or demonstrated relevant industry experience;
- Possess thorough knowledge of the potential impact of trauma and disadvantage on children;
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Assessment and advocacy skills;
- Have experience supporting vulnerable families and/or young people
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing;
- hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- Have a valid NSW drivers’ licence and own car;
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
About the organisation
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
How to apply
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please note we will be interviewing preferred applicants as they apply.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please
Please quote in application: Family Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.