About the role
With the upcoming departure of a long term team member, this is an opportunity to come into a well-run organisation and put your stamp on a critical role.
Reporting to a high performing General Manager, you will have the opportunity to further the impact of CISS across Australia and internationally through astute financial and corporate management of the organisation.
You’ll be working with a positive, friendly, collaborative and highly engaged team (~11 staff) who are passionate about the CISS vision and mission. Whilst a small group, they have a significant reach and footprint.
The CISS office, situated within the University of Canberra campus in Bruce provides free parking, multiple café and dining choices, and the facilities of the University all within walking distance.
This is a broad role primarily working on finance (2/3 of role) but also assisting with a number of corporate functions (1/3 of role). The role manages the financial operations of the business through to project reporting on the 40 or so project funding arrangements, as well as the running of the office.
Given the size of organisation, you will be a key enabler for the CEO and GM, who require someone who is highly organised, agile and can multi-task. You will support and foster what is already a positive working environment, and be a key contributor to developing the culture.
- Project accounting / reporting including preparation of supporting workpapers
- Prepare, review, consolidate and reconcile financial data and prepare financial reports
- Manage the Sage Micropay Payroll system including preparation, review, and reconciliation of payroll reports
- Supervise the work of a team member who assists with payroll, accounts processing and office management.
- Prepare, review and report on HR compliance matters
- Assist with maintenance of WHS policies across the organisation
- Manage the Tickit Risk Management System and maintain office information systems
- Key point of contact with the external IT provider in relation to internal IT software and hardware
- Support Board and Committee meetings and oversee event management and functions
- Prepare compliance reports for external regulatory bodies as well as general and confidential correspondence
- Coordinate collection of data and prepare statistical and other reports for submissions.
You are an experienced “hands-on” finance professional / accountant who enjoys a broader role that touches on aspects of HR, IT, corporate governance, risk and compliance.
You take pride in maintaining an efficient and effective office environment that supports the organisation’s employee health and well-being philosophy.
You have well-developed MS Excel skills and have had exposure to MS Dynamics, Sage MicroPay (desirable) or similar medium sized business financial systems.
You are looking for a role that gives you the opportunity to make a positive contribution to society and the wider community through impactful, cause-based work. You will enjoy working in a team that are passionate about making a difference.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with experience + free parking.
Working arrangements can be flexible to suit your circumstances and lifestyle – including full time (35 hours per week), part time (4 days per week) or flexible working hours.
About the organisation
The Centre for Invasive Species Solutions (CISS) is a not-for-profit organisation that focuses on new pest animal and increasingly weed management tools and strategies through collaborative research, development and extension over time. They work in close partnership with a diverse group of stakeholders nationally who bring together leading expertise in science and business. CISS is based in Canberra with a passionate and dedicated team of professional staff.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance & Office Manager via Pro Bono Australia.