About the role
- Challenging and rewarding opportunity with a values based organisation
- $80-84K + super + salary packaging which increases take home pay significantly
- Relocation assistance, 5 weeks annual leave, 3 years of program funding
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) provides a financial literacy program, emergency relief and financial counselling to Alice Springs, including town camps and remote communities within the Central Australian service area.
Based in Alice Springs, we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Financial Counsellor to join our team as a Domestic & Family Violence specialist.
You will provide a culturally sensitive and trauma informed financial counselling service to people who have been impacted by domestic and/or family violence.
Our Financial Counselling service supports people in personal financial difficulty to address their financial concerns, make informed choices and develop their capacity to manage their money. It is essential to hold a Diploma of Community Service (Financial Counselling) and be eligible to become a member of South Australian Financial Counsellors Association for this role.
Whilst the position is based in our Alice Springs office, outreach services are a key aspect of our Financial Services Hub and therefore extensive travel, including some overnight stays in a range of accommodation is necessary. Driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances is required and therefore driver training will be provided. Generous salary packaging, additional leave entitlements and access to professional development opportunities are available.
You will require;
- Knowledge of financial counselling principles and practices
- Sound understanding of domestic and family violence
- Ability to provide a culturally sensitive and trauma informed service
- An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities
- Commitment to extending and updating own skills
- Demonstrated ability to function as a cooperative member of a team to achieve team objectives
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Skilled at prioritising and multitasking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
About the organisation
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in South Australia and the Northern Territory in urban, regional and remote contexts. Our vision is "Strong, caring communities inspired through the love of God" and our key values are respect, integrity, compassion, humility, faithfulness and trust.
We seek to address poverty and injustice and embrace all people regardless of language, culture, ethnicity or religion. We support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include family support and education, foster care, financial wellbeing, homelessness and refugee services.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Community Care, to offer special tax concessions. These concessions allow an employee to salary package a maximum of $15,899 from their gross salary each Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year.
Lutheran Community Care values all its staff, students and volunteers and ensure they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, annual staff conference and professional development days, annual volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor – Domestic & Family Violence Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.