About the role
An exciting, newly created leadership opportunity within our Tenancy and Co-op Services team. Lead the Financial Services function in developing and delivering high-quality financial services to member co-ops.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO IMPLEMENT CHANGE…
Reporting to the Manager, Tenancy and Co-op Services you will lead the Financial Services Function in the successful development and delivery of a variety of financial service offerings to our member co-operatives including:
- Financial advice in accordance with accounting standards and CEHL program policies
- Compliance reporting (ATO, ACNC, ASIC & CAV)
- Bookkeeping services
- Audit services
- NRAS assessments
- Annual Rent Reviews
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance, thought leadership and operational support to team members across the full scope of financial service delivery.
- Developing and implementing operational procedures and work practices within the Financial Services Team.
- Identifying and undertaking initiatives and projects to drive efficiencies within the team and the broader organisation.
- Supporting the individual development of team members through capability building, regular work planning, supervision and feedback to team members.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Degree in Accountancy with related experience, or a post graduate qualification in Finance/Business/Management or equivalent experience.
- Proven team leadership background and the ability to lead a team through change.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards including Australian Accountancy Standards.
- Sound understanding of the requirements of GST legislation (Australian Taxation Office), Australian Charities and Not For Profit Commission (ACNC), Fringe Benefits, and the Privacy Act.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…
This role is a permanent, ongoing position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based in our Richmond Head Office. Due to the ongoing restrictions currently being experienced as a result of Covid-19 we are currently operating in a fully remote, home-based work environment until restrictions ease.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY…
A career with Common Equity Housing Limited is an opportunity to join a sector-leading, non-profit organisation and a team of purpose-driven and diverse professionals who are each committed to our vision to empower people and communities with better housing solutions.
Aside from the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals, additional benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape an already sector-leading organisation to achieve even greater impact.
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and committed to serving those individuals who need our help.
- A culture that encourages and cultivates collaboration and embeds organisational excellence.
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.
About the organisation
WHY WORK WITH US…
Common Equity Housing Limited (CEHL) is Victoria’s largest Housing Association and a market leader in the provision and development of affordable housing.
With more than 2,200 properties across Victoria, we partner with member co-operatives to deliver an effective and sustainable co-operative housing program.
CEHL actively promotes the vital role co-operative models can play in not only changing people’s lives, but in being an ongoing solution to Victoria’s current housing affordability crisis.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Services Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.