About the role
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Ignite facil itates business creation for people from all backgrounds who are keen to establish a small business or expand an existing one. Aspiring entrepreneurs are supported by Ignite facilitators, business mentors and a Resource Team made up of volunteers from local businesses, councils, chambers of commerce and other individuals who can share their business knowledge and skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full Time 12 Month Contract with the possibility of extension
- Based in Coffs Harbour
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging and ADO!
The IGNITE Facilitator will support passionate entrepreneurs to start new businesses or strengthen existing ones. The IGNITE facilitator will work individually with each entrepreneur, to tailor an eco-system of support for each venture to ensure businesses meet Australian regulatory requirements, are viable, sustainable and have growth potential.
- The facilitator will support up to 30 active entrepreneurs at any one time. The facilitator will help entrepreneurs start new or strengthen existing businesses. This will be accomplished by forming strong trusting relationships with the entrepreneurs, their partners and the stakeholders that support them. Outcomes include the establishment of 20 businesses per 100 referrals.
- Engage with local communities, businesses, Chambers of Commerce, Educational and Finance Institutions, SSI case managers, and all other relevant organisations to create referral pathways and systems for passionate entrepreneurs into the initiative.
- Establish a business ecosystem of support for each venture and connect entrepreneurs to expertise. This will include developing links to a resource pool for product development, financial management, marketing and promotion, regulations and compliance and any business support required.
- Identify and source the necessary resources to successfully execute business plans for Ignite entrepreneurs to access micro loans and finance. This support may include private sector stakeholders as well as stakeholders internal to SSI.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with a diverse and wide-ranging group of stakeholders. These stakeholders will provide expertise and support and can include members from the private, corporate, agricultural, business, academic, community and government sectors
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist new and existing businesses in the mid-north coast, with the position based in Coffs Harbour.
The person we are looking for must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and age ranges. They will provide free, confidential and ongoing one-on-one support to help establish new or strengthen existing businesses. They will be working across the community including with newcomers and those entrepreneurs who have never shared their ideas for business before.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for working with diverse groups of people and can provide targeted support to help others achieve success;
- Has very strong communication skills and is able to strengthen community, government and corporate connections;
- Is self-initiating and flexible in their approach to problem-solving;
- Feels comfortable working in ambiguous settings and is able to work independently;
- Has a strong ability to forge networks and harness opportunities for a wide variety of entrepreneurs;
- Has small business experience and / or demonstrated business acumen.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
About the organisation
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and appreciate applications from its members.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Ignite Facilitator - Coffs Harbour via Pro Bono Australia.