About the role
- Based in Ashfield
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Salary packaging options to increase your take home pay, Fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) & flexible working hours
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Finance team strive to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of SSI by partnering with the organisation to enable SSI to achieve its strategy. The team is responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial information for decision making; building and maintaining key controls, governance and streamlined processes; driving business decisions that add value and providing a quality customer experience.
The main purpose of the role is to provide effective leadership and management of business planning, cost benefit analysis and grant management function to support strategic decision making during the period of uncertainty and challenges to ensure organisational sustainability in the long-term. The role is expected to assess the effectiveness of service delivery and operating structures, undertake diverse range of scenario analysis, evaluate alternatives and recommend the solution to the Executi ves. The other purpose of the role is undertaking Social Return on Investment (SROI) including cost-benefit analysis of various services provided by SSI Group, and leading in improving the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting capabilities, developing financial models to analyse service delivery and business structures and oversee key grant management functions including reporting and review of tender proposals.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the of the business partner team
- Review the SSI programs and service delivery structures; assess and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of operating structures
- Undertake cost-benefit analysis and social return on investment (SROI) to inform the decision making in terms of measurement of outcome and investment choices
- Assess the relevance and commercial viability of social enterprises operated by SSI Group, evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations to the Executives
- Influence executives and senior decision makers to understand and use financial forecasting, budgeting, cost and resource management data analysis to improve the quality of business decisions and outcomes
- Advise on short-term, medium-term and long-term revenue and expenditure modelling to ensure the financial sustainability of SSI
- Co-ordinate and manage the annual budget and reforecasting process, support business units in annual budget and forecasting processes, including reviewing to ensure organisational long-term sustainability
- Undertake financial analysis ( such as margin analysis, pricing analysis, ROI, NPV) and modelling for tenders and other business requirements
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce or other relevant field
- CPA or CA qualification and eligibility for membership of CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- At least 5 years experience at a senior level preferably in a large NFP or commercial organisation.
- Experience in leading social return on investment (SROI) analysis, evaluation of service delivery and operating structure of large NFPs
- Experience in Tender analysis, assessment of commercial viability of social enterprises.
- Exceptional performance as a strong finance leader in a complex business environment
About the organisation
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and appreciate applications from its members.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and abilities of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Cl earance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or call 02 8799 6700 and ask for the talent team.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Business Analysis, Planning and Grant Management via Pro Bono Australia.