About the role
- Excellent opportunity with a national organisation
- Full-time position to 30 June 2022, with potential for ongoing
- Very attractive remuneration package, including charity salary packaging options
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the Manager Consumer & Carer Programs is responsible for:
- facilitating the business of the National Mental Health Consumer & Carer Forum (NMHCCF), which includes providing secretariat, policy and project support.
- managing the relationship between Mental Health Australia and the NMHCCF, through a trustworthy and trauma-informed approach.
- strengthening policy and advocacy positions and capacity for mental health consumers and carers working with Mental Health Australia.
The key requirements of the position include:
- Formal qualifications in a relevant discipline and / or substantial related experience
- A commitment to working in partnership with consumers and carers to achieve mental health reform
- Knowledge of working within a trauma-informed approach, promoting safety, trust, choice, collaboration and empowerment
- Able to work constructively with a wide range of stakeholders including consumers, carers, community groups and government
- Strong project management skills, well organised, pragmatic and able to handle a diverse and complex workload and stakeholder portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particularly strong influencing, negotiating and networking skills.
This is a great opportunity to become involved with an organisation that is dedicated to driving better mental health for all Australians.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary starting at $95,000 (full-time) commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus super, plus charity salary packaging options.
About the organisation
Mental Health Australia is the peak, national non-government organisation representing and promoting the interests of the Australian mental health sector and committed to achieving better mental health for all Australians. Mental Health Australia aims to promote mentally healthy communities, educate Australians on mental health issues, influence mental health reform so that government policies address all contemporary mental health issues, conduct research on mental health issues, and carry out regular consultation to represent the best interests of our members, partners and the community. These endeavours in education and policy reform are matched by our commitment to researching more innovative approaches to the provision of mental health care. In addition, Mental Health Australia continues to focus on the human rights of people with a mental illness.
How to apply
Applications should include a copy of your current resume and a written statement addressing the selection criteria and personal attributes on the attached position description. Your application should be received no later than COB, 11 August 2020.
For further information please contact Melanie Cantwell, Deputy CEO, Mental Health Australia on (02) 6285 3100.
Please quote in application: Manager Consumer & Carer Programs via Pro Bono Australia.