About the role
- Project Coordinator, Safer and Stronger, Melbourne based
- Full time (5 days per week)
- Fixed-term contract until 30th June 2021, with possibility of extension
- Contribute to a vital project during the COVID-19 crisis
- Use your expertise to achieve positive disability sector outcomes
- Be part of a supportive team
The Project Coordinator will act as primary support for the project’s two Disability Sector Consultants and the Project Lead. The project will support Victorian disability service providers across various settings providing strategic and operational advice regarding infection control and business continuity. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating input from stakeholders, assisting with the development and curation of relevant tools, training and resources and supporting the project to assist organisations in resetting their services, structures and processes to adhere to safe and appropriate infection controls and respond to the changing business and NDIS environment.
- Provide guidance and support to the disability sector in Victoria through the development and curation of practical guides, tools and resources, as directed by Disability Sector Consultants
- Support the project team in selection and use of appropriate technical applications and communication platforms suitable for the disability sector
- Effectively coordinate and support multiple activities with internal and external stakeholders to support project deliverables including online forums, publications and webinars, creation of resources and communications
- Consolidate feedback from stakeholders and documents key issues facing the disability sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of project reports and evaluations as required
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key issues and challenges facing disability services in the current context
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with flexibility to move between priority tasks as they arise
- Other duties as agreed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrated administrative and project coordination skills and proven capability to support complex projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including demonstrated ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to write clearly and accurately for a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated organisational, task and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities, meet deadlines, function independently as well as take direction, and work as part of a small team
- Experience or ability to learn various software applications and/or platforms such as: Geo Mapping, podcast platform Whooshkaa, Interactive PDFs, video and animation applications, polling software, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, One Drive and Google Docs.
- An understanding of the issues and challenges arising for disability service providers and people with disability in the current COVID-19 climate.
A tertiary qualification is preferable.
- Experience working in the disability sector or not-for-profit environment
- Experience in producing information in accessible formats
About the organisation
National Disability Services (NDS) is Australia's peak body for non-government disability service organisations, representing over 1180 non-government service providers. Collectively, NDS members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability.
At NDS, we are committed to supporting our members and the disability sector more broadly to provide high quality support and services to people with disability.
We continue to foster an open, flexible and inclusive work environment that respects the diversity of our employees, employees, members and the communities in which we live. NDS employees come with a strong appreciation for the disability sector, and the passion to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Flexible working including working from home
- Salary packaging
- Collaborative environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
For a confidential conversation about further details of the role, please contact Jillian Black, Policy and Project manager on her landline 02 9256 3157.
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any requirements for the interview, which will occur via Zoom (e.g. mobility access, or other adjustments), please let us know in advance so accessibility arrangements can be made.
NDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all diverse groups and backgrounds.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.