About the role
Your new role
Due to organisational growth, Wintringham is seeking a technically skilled and experienced Construction Project Manager to join our Property Services team as we commence a new development/asset renewal phase. Reporting to the Asset and Property Services Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in delivery of a defined capital works upgrade program across our extensive housing portfolio. Responsibilities will include scoping, procurement and management of this program of works to ensure they are delivered efficiently, on time and within budget.
Wintringham is seeking a motivated, process driven professional with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously. Projects will vary in nature & size from single trade packages to larger projects involving head contractors. This role will be a Fixed Term Full Time contract until 31/07/2022.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical, design and project management assistance at the direction of the Asset & Property Services Manager
- Independently managing upgrade / construction projects in accordance with industry established best practice
- Assisting in the strategic development and implementation of new systems and processes to achieve consistent, repeatable results within the Property Services Team & Wintringham.
- Providing expert project management & project delivery advice / outcomes on projects to be undertaken by the organisation
- Taking the lead project management role in any internally managed/contracted construction projects.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A tertiary or post-graduate qualification in construction management, project management (Construction), building surveying or structural/civil engineering.
- Proven experience with providing solid technical, design, project management and project delivery advice
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise duties, work independently and flexibly and meet demanding timelines
- Ability to develop organisation wide relationships and translate stakeholder requests into coherent briefs and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to social justice
- A current drivers licence (mandatory)
About the organisation
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless background. With annual revenue of $60 million, we employ over 730 staff and manage $220 million of purpose built aged-care and housing assets at multiple locations in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager – Construction via Pro Bono Australia.