About the role
About the role
- Victoria’s highest court is seeking a Registrar of Probates, responsible for the exercise of judicial power of the Supreme Court of Victoria at a specialist level by providing legally binding directions and orders in the Court’s Probate jurisdiction. The Registrar of Probates is also responsible for overseeing the operations of the Supreme Court of Victoria’s Probate Office.
- Provide specialist expertise, assistance and leadership in the probate field, working closely with the judicial officers in charge of the Trusts, Equity and Probate List.
- Conduct highly specialised professional research on Probate matters and write, publish and present research, arguments, cases and statistical reports to peers, the Chief Justice, the judiciary and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the Director, Registry Services and other operational managers of the Court to ensure a high level of service across the Court’s Registry Services team.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and technical expertise:
- Tertiary qualification in law and admission to practice is required.
- Demonstrated specialist experience in the law of wills, the administration of deceased estates and related areas.
- Specialist knowledge of the practice and procedures of the Victorian Courts and Tribunals system.
- Demonstrated highly specialised professional legal research, analytical and investigative skills.
To be successful in this role you must be able to lead a team to ensure high quality, professional outcomes in the processing of all Common Form grants of legal representation of deceased estates and the delivery of Small Estate service in Victoria in accordance with sound legal principles and in proper time.
Your application should include a cover letter and resume and demonstrate how you meet the key capabilities of the role as detailed in the position description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and foster diversity in the workplace.
About the organisation
About the Supreme Court of Victoria
The Supreme Court of Victoria (the Court) is the highest court in Victoria and comprises the Court of Appeal and the Trial Division. The Court deals with major criminal and civil matters, plus appeals against decisions of lower courts.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Registrar of Probates via Pro Bono Australia.