About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader, RID-TB (reducing the impact of drug resistant tuberculosis) to join the Tuberculosis (TB) Elimination and Implementation Science team at Burnet. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day management and oversight of our multidisciplinary Daru-based field team and will also be responsible for managing relationships with key partners.
The Team Leader, RID-TB will:
- Co-ordinate and monitor project implementation
- Deliver project reports, presentations and monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee HR management of the field team and ensure project operational & logistical needs are met with support from the Daru-based project officer
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the provincial TB core group members and Western Province partners, donors, implementing agencies and other stakeholders in PNG
- Support the design of health systems building blocks for TB needed to enable delivery of the model of care through SOPs
This position is initially for a 1 year period.
The start date for this role will be contingent on the decision to mobilise Burnet staff members to PNG.
Refer to the attached position description for full details.
The successful incumbent will have:
- A qualification in public/global health, international development or health management (with over 10 years’ experience)
- Experience in team and project management with an organisation working in a resource-constrained setting
- Experience in capacity development and training of health workers and health systems strengthening
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder and organisational partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal, people management and partnership brokering skills
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation, health program design or research
- Highly adaptable, ability to work in remote or resource-constrained setting
- Demonstrated analytical, critical appraisal and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English and demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
The following experience is preferable:
- Current registration as a clinical health professional
- Previous experience in PNG or the Pacific
- At least 1 year experience in the programmatic management of TR/DR-TB in a resource-constrained setting
Benefit from ongoing support, a monthly accrued day off for full time staff and attractive salary packaging working for this leading not-for-profit organisation. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Burnet Institute is committed to providing our people with a supportive working environment. We value diversity, inclusion and gender equity at the institute and provide flexible working arrangements for our staff. Burnet is participating in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot of the Athena SWAN Charter in Australia.
About the organisation
Burnet Institute is a leading Australian, unaligned, not-for-profit organisation focused on achieving better health for vulnerable communities in Australia and internationally by accelerating the translation of research, discovery and evidence into sustainable health solutions.
Since 1986, Burnet has linked discovery-oriented, medical research with practical action to help solve devastating global health problems that affect the most vulnerable. This sets us apart from other organisations. Institute-wide interdisciplinary health programs - Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health; Disease Elimination; Behaviours and Health Risks, and Health Security - are at the heart of our daily decision-making. The Institute's highly diverse skill base of laboratory and field research, and technical expertise, is fostered across cross cutting disciplines of Life Sciences, Public Health and International Development.
Whilst our headquarters is in Melbourne, Australia, we also have offices in Papua New Guinea and Myanmar, and are actively involved in research and public health programs throughout Australia, the Asia-Pacific region, and Africa. Burnet is the only unaligned organisation in Australia that has dual accreditation with both the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: RID-TB Field Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.