About the role
- $79,775 – $90,557
The Nugel Senior case manager position is responsible for delivering a child protection case management service to vulnerable Aboriginal children and their families. These positions will play a key role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the overrepresentation of Aboriginal children in care and in contact with the Child Protection system, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can be transitioned home.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal history, values, practices and culture Knowledge of Child development, attachment and trauma as they relate to Aboriginal children
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Ability to develop, implement and reviews plans for children and young people
- Experience working in the child, youth and families sector
- Diploma of Community Services
Application deadline is Sunday, July 19, 2020
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our
Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Case Manager - Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.