About the role
- Location: Preston or Dandenong – travel between all sites is a requirement of the role
- Position : Fixed term contract
- Salary : $94,599, salary packaging is available
The Senior Therapeutic Practitioner position is an advanced practice role within the Aboriginal Children’s Healing Team (ACHT) program.
This position will provide culturally respectful and appropriate assessment, using a Mental Health Social Emotional Well Being framework, secondary consultation, advice and healing for children aged 0-18.
The main responsibility of the role:
- Reflective practice to the teams within VACCA
- To provide high quality culturally sound SEWB secondary consultation to programs within VACCA, assessments and therapeutic plans for children and young people as required
- To contribute to work to stabilise children’s placements, to develop trauma-informed transition plans, behaviour management plans and establish predictable routines for children in care
- To develop and maintain respectful, collaborative and robust relationships with all professionals in each child’s care team
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Sound knowledge, understanding and lived experience of Aboriginal culture and values
- Culturally strong understandings of child development, the impact of trauma and the ability to respond therapeutically to Aboriginal children’s pain-based behaviours
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field Psychology/Social Work/Speech Therapist/ Family Therapy/ Occupational Therapist
- Experience providing social-emotional well-being assessment and goal-focused therapeutic work with children 0- 18
Application deadline is Friday 17 July 2020
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal communitycontrolled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our
Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Therapeutic Practitioner - ACHT program via Pro Bono Australia.