About the role
You pride yourself on your experience in strategic asset management and compliance & have demonstrated experience in developing accurate strategic asset plans.
Your strength will be in your ability to review and understand lease and licence conditions in order to determine the correct strategy to negotiate a positive economic outcome. You will have experience effectively engagement with stakeholders and influence at all levels is what drives your success. Analytically minded, you are sharp with numbers and can determine quickly the commercial value of opportunities presented, and challenge and adapt to get the right result. Delivery focused you are smart and agile in your approach and can always bring positive energy and action to bring people along the journey.
Key Position Accountability
- Ensuring contractual obligations through a strategic quality assurance framework;
- Conduct scheduled and random onsite audits to ensure compliance with the strategic framework & the asset management policy
- Conduct audits of the application of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and other WHS requirements;
- Ensure contractor license, nominated qualified supervisor license and corporate license are in place
- Ensure contractors are fully compliant with Compass Work Health & Safety Management System.
- Develop and maintain Compass Strategic Asset Management Plans as required under contractual obligations;
- Oversee Cyclical Maintenance requirements to meet legislative and contractual commitments such as Fire Compliance, property assessments
- Coordinate contract and internal reviews & provide regular reports;
- Responding promptly to all service-related calls, emails and requests;
- Work collaboratively with internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure excellent service delivery is provided;
- Maintain relevant databases and generate property, program and financial reports as required;
- Ensure economic, social and environmental sustainability is applied regularly to everyday work practices;
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a strategic asset management specialist who understand business risk associated with strategic asset and service planning
- Thorough knowledge of ISO Standards, National Disability Service Standards, Building Codes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policy, procedure & accreditation standards
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
- Good knowledge and application of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Power Point & Visio
- Demonstrated experience in residential property maintenance services
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong commercial acumen
- Project management experience
- Currently hold a NSW Class C drivers’ licence
- Specialised computer software systems and databases – Greentree, QlikView, Canvas, Pronto, Tickit & SimPro
- Experience working in social or community housing
- Tertiary qualifications in asset management related field or commiserate experience.
- Portfolio development and prioritisation experience including translating technical understanding into business and program delivery.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to create compelling business cases and present data effectively
Confidential inquiries may be made by contacting Gwyn Williams on 0436 806 493 or emailing email@example.com
Please note, all applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Check and driving record check, as part of the recruitment process.
Applications reviewed on receipt.
Agency applications will not be accepted for this position.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Strategic Asset Manager-Newcastle West via Pro Bono Australia.