About the role
CMY is seeking a young person excited to commence their career in the community sector to take on an opportunity as Youth Intern. The position incorporates skill and professional development and provides general project, administrative and facilitates support to a variety of projects delivered by the Youth Leadership Team. The Youth Intern also plays a key role in the preparation and distribution of information about opportunities to young people through various online platforms, working in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team.
At times, the Intern will have the opportunity to support the work of other teams across the organisation, as well as attend key events and network opportunities relevant to CMY throughout the year, often as a youth representative of CMY or to speak from their perspective on youth issues.
This role was created as part of CMY’s commitment to providing opportunities for young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds, who often face significant disadvantages in attaining professional work experience and opportunities. This is a special measure which will be taken into consideration during the selection process.
- Hours: 38 hours (5 days) per week (1.0 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until March 2022
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 2): $55,387 per annum (plus Super and access to Salary Packaging)
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home and it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to accommodate this. The successful candidate will participate in a comprehensive orientation and will be provisionally assigned any relevant equipment.)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Thursday 6 August 2020
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 17 August 2020, with the position to commence mid-September
You will have
- Enthusiasm to learn with capacity take initiative
- Great team work and interpersonal skills
- Confidence communicating using online platforms (including email, video conferencing and social media)
- Lived experience as a current young person (18-25yrs old) from a migrant or refugee background
- Recently completed or be close to completing tertiary qualifications (Certificate IV or higher) in a relevant professional discipline (social sciences, community development, etc.) with a passion for developing a career in the field
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Intern (CMY47) via Pro Bono Australia.